I asked the boys to draw each other's portrait for Charlie for Christmas. This was the best idea ever.
We were very organized. We started with regular pencils and erasers. They spent a significant amount of time staring at each other and holding poses for each other. They made sure to get each other's eyes just right. I loved watching them work so hard on the details.
When they finished their outlines we laid out the colored pencils and talked about what color to make each feature (eyes, hair, cheeks, clothes). After making their decisions on colors, they began to fill in their outlines - with care. It was so cute that I felt like I really go the best present, which was watching them work so well with each other and so carefully on their project. Unfortunately Charlie only got the final product. Had I realized how that would work out I would have recorded the process for him.
He still got an awesome gift though. We hung each drawing on a clipboard for him to take to work, and put each photograph in a frame. Merry Christmas, Charlie!
Holding the picture his brother drew of him...
...And holding the picture his brother drew of him!


3 comments:
This is the cutest idea ever! You are so creative, Amy. I hope to see the originals soon. Happy New Year to the artists!
Awesome! And look at kai - a relaxed smile. Nice.
Awesome! And look at kai - a relaxed smile. Nice.
Post a Comment