Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Thanksgiving 2013


Thanksgiving was really disappointing at our house this year. Charlie got sick and we cancelled the majority of our travel plans. Since we had planned to be out of town for 4 days straight our fridge was empty. We were most definitely out of comfort food.

On Thanksgiving Charlie was in bed so it was just me and the boys. We played games, played wii, and played football outside. I'm sure we watched at least one movie and maybe more. I loved having that time with the boys, but I really missed Thanksgiving dinner. I did make pumpkin pancakes for breakfast, so at least we had something seasonal and delicious. But lunch was peanut butter and jelly and dinner was macaroni and cheese and when you are counting on a turkey dinner with friends and family, peanut butter and macaroni and cheese is just depressing. It's really ridiculous of me to complain though, because I wasn't the one sick and that had to be even more disappointing. Poor Charlie was banished to his bedroom and it work. None of us caught it.

We finally made it up to Lake Geneva on Saturday afternoon. Its so gorgeous up there and most of the Johnsons were there and we really wasted no time. Within a few minutes of our arrival Papa walked Jett and Kai to a neighboring house to play with their second cousins. I just love how excited they get to play with all of their cousins. They have so much fun.

On Sunday several cousins, including the boys, played an extremely long, competitive, and friendly game of soccer. Kai stayed focused on the game the entire time, which was thrilling to see. I stood with the adults on the sidelines, freezing, watching our kids laugh and run and peel off mittens, jackets, and hats one by one. I loved it!

I've got a few really great shots of the cousins all together after the game, but I didn't ask any of them if I could post them on the blog, so instead I'll post one of them in action. This might be my favorite soccer game to watch yet.


No comments: