A few weeks before Christmas Charlie, the boys and I took a clay ornament making class at Lill Street Art Center. I won this class at a silent auction fundraiser last year and it was by far the favorite thing I won (beating out a summer camp for Jett and music lessons for the boys).
The instructors were so laid back and friendly, there was plenty of material, the other families taking the class were pleasant, and we had plenty of time to make several ornaments. Jett and I worked together to make a gingerbread house, an igloo, a football, and lots of other ornaments while Kai and Charlie worked together on other ornaments. We learned how to shape the clay and make two pieces stick together, how to hollow them out or poke a hole through them for the firing process, and how to paint them. Jett and I were completely absorbed in the process. Charlie and Kai may have been less driven, but they still made a lot of ornaments. I loved being back in an art studio. I think we all had fun.When we were done we left the ornaments there to be glazed. Two weeks later we picked them up, brought them home, and hung them on our tree. Our first home made ornaments!
The instructors were so laid back and friendly, there was plenty of material, the other families taking the class were pleasant, and we had plenty of time to make several ornaments. Jett and I worked together to make a gingerbread house, an igloo, a football, and lots of other ornaments while Kai and Charlie worked together on other ornaments. We learned how to shape the clay and make two pieces stick together, how to hollow them out or poke a hole through them for the firing process, and how to paint them. Jett and I were completely absorbed in the process. Charlie and Kai may have been less driven, but they still made a lot of ornaments. I loved being back in an art studio. I think we all had fun.When we were done we left the ornaments there to be glazed. Two weeks later we picked them up, brought them home, and hung them on our tree. Our first home made ornaments!


No comments:
Post a Comment