I'm playing catch up again on this blog as usual. Oh well! It must be the two jobs, two kids, and one tiny condo in constant need of organizing that keeps me away from this thing. Let's see if I can't fill in some of the blanks.
It's the wee hours of the morning at this moment, and I can't sleep. Outside it is freezing, double digits below zero. School is cancelled for the second day in a row, coming off of a two week winter break. Jett has had 0 play dates this break and Kai has had one. Aside from spending Christmas in Michigan, we've been hermits for two weeks in the regular cold. Now it is colder than regular cold and I realize that I should have gotten out more while the getting was good!
Today I get to take the boys with me to a work event though - a play date at The Land of Nod. Most of the children there will probably be about 2 years old. I hope that the boys can contain themselves and not trample over all of the babies. They have to be good for an hour. Wish me luck.
But, back to the fall. We've had a lot of germs over here this season. I'm pretty sure the boys and I had walking pneumonia for about a month - or more like two months in my case. Then the flu hit, and now half of us are coughing again. By the time early November came around I was so exhausted and sore from coughing that all I wanted was to lay on my mom's couch and eat the dinner she would make me. So I loaded the boys in to the car and drove 6 hours to visit my sister, brother, and parents for a long weekend. I laid on their couches all weekend and barely lifted a finger, while the boys played around me and with everyone else but me. They played with Megan and Owen, Heather and Rich, went to the zoo with Nathan and Carol, and I honestly can't remember everything they did with my parents. I think they took them on a long hike through the woods, I know they played football outside several times, and decorated Christmas cookies. I'm sure there was even more, but I slept in every morning so I missed a lot. It was a busy weekend for everyone but me, and I was thankful for it.
It's the wee hours of the morning at this moment, and I can't sleep. Outside it is freezing, double digits below zero. School is cancelled for the second day in a row, coming off of a two week winter break. Jett has had 0 play dates this break and Kai has had one. Aside from spending Christmas in Michigan, we've been hermits for two weeks in the regular cold. Now it is colder than regular cold and I realize that I should have gotten out more while the getting was good!
Today I get to take the boys with me to a work event though - a play date at The Land of Nod. Most of the children there will probably be about 2 years old. I hope that the boys can contain themselves and not trample over all of the babies. They have to be good for an hour. Wish me luck.
But, back to the fall. We've had a lot of germs over here this season. I'm pretty sure the boys and I had walking pneumonia for about a month - or more like two months in my case. Then the flu hit, and now half of us are coughing again. By the time early November came around I was so exhausted and sore from coughing that all I wanted was to lay on my mom's couch and eat the dinner she would make me. So I loaded the boys in to the car and drove 6 hours to visit my sister, brother, and parents for a long weekend. I laid on their couches all weekend and barely lifted a finger, while the boys played around me and with everyone else but me. They played with Megan and Owen, Heather and Rich, went to the zoo with Nathan and Carol, and I honestly can't remember everything they did with my parents. I think they took them on a long hike through the woods, I know they played football outside several times, and decorated Christmas cookies. I'm sure there was even more, but I slept in every morning so I missed a lot. It was a busy weekend for everyone but me, and I was thankful for it.


No comments:
Post a Comment