Monday, January 13, 2014

PreK Reunion

We went bowling with our friends from Jett's preschool class on Saturday. It was the first time we've been to a bowling alley in years without having to bring a birthday present. There was no birthday party this time - just a party party.

The other difference from our bowling experience in years past is that the adults actually got to bowl. We had two lanes and the kids had two lanes and there was hardly ever any intermingling, except when the kids wanted money for soda and video games.

The kids kept score by themselves. They ate pizza mostly by themselves. They ran from video game to bowling lane by themselves. There weren't any arguments or major meltdowns. I was amazed.



The other amazing thing is that Kai didn't play a single video game. He bowled the entire time. He celebrated like a champion.



Before we left for bowling I asked Jett if he remembered everyone who would be there. I wondered if he remembered their names. Although I see the moms pretty regularly, the kids haven't gotten together since our picnic dinner at the beach. Many of the kids still go to school together, and we are one of the few who don't go to school there any more. So I wondered how it would go. I was a little nervous when Jett, in thinking about who would be there, said things like "The girl with the blonde hair" and "the one boy who is friends with the other boy". Thankfully I remembered everyone's name with a little prompting and we got it all sorted out in his head before we arrived.



They are the nicest kids and I have to get my boys together with them more often.

No comments: