Thursday, October 1, 2009

Now I'm Just Bragging

This evening we were getting Kai ready for bed, and Charlie, Jett, and I were singing the songs that Jett learned at preschool. We notice Kai start singing in his baby language, and even though we don't recognize the tune, we know what song he's singing because he starts doing the hand motions for it. It's a song that we learned at the library last year, and still sing all of the time. I don't know why, but it just thrilled me. We weren't evening singing that song, but he thought of it, sang it to himself, and did the hand motions too.

Also, he has a toy that sings the alphabet, and whenever he pushes the button to make it sing, he lifts his hands in the air and starts moving his fingers back and forth, this way and that. He's trying to sing the letters in sign language, just like I do.

Now if only he'd start walking...stay tuned!

No comments: