Wednesday, December 3, 2008

They Feed Me! Finally!

I first noticed it when Kai couldn't take his eyes off my ice cream. Those blue eyes tracked my spoon from bowl to mouth and back again over and over, like he knew what Bryer's vanilla tasted like, and he had a hunger for it.

A few days later he started making chewing motions while I was eating broccoli. Then he started drooling over our breakfast bar at every meal.

Finally, after weeks of feeling like I was depriving his tastebuds of a full life, at five and a half months old, we broke out the rice cereal and gave it a go.

I mixed the cereal, Charlie held Kai, and Kai grabbed the spoon.



He grabbed that spoon over and over again and wouldn't let go. He ate all his food and didn't spill any of it. He smiled and smiled and smiled and we felt like the most perfect parents on the planet just because he was so happy.



I love those days.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

It's been a while since I've been able to catch up with you. I have to agree, he does look like Charlie! How adorable! It is a wonder to have 2 children to keep track of! I am constantly amazed that so many children survive childhood! God is good :) Your Philly Friend, Rebecca