One day I noticed that Jett's clothes were too small. I noticed this on the day of my grandmother's funeral. Ironically, I made sure to get Jett's haircut before the funeral, because I thought my grandma would appreciate that. I didn't even think to check how far above his ankles his pants were. But there he was with his spiffy little haircut, chasing after his cousins in khakis that were too short, and cowboy boots that were too small. Nice.
So - where to find the least expensive clothes possible? Well, why not hop on over to the Salvation Army and dig around their bins? I was in the mood for a bargain and in the mood to shop. I loaded Kai in to the car, and prepared for some shopping therapy.
Boy, was I naive. That place was dreary. It was so hot, crowded, and full of kids running around and playing on dented toys. The racks are jam-packed full of clothes, and all of the clothes are on hangers. The hangers are so crammed onto the racks that it is impossible to look at one item without accidentally pulling four other items off of their hangers and on to the floor. As a result, the place is kind of a mess even though it's clear that someone, maybe at 7 am that morning, took time to make everything as neat as possible.
I was hot, tired, thirsty, and a little depressed when I got home. I laid Kai on the carpet and dumped the plastic bag of clothes in the middle of the floor to deal with later. But surprise, surprise Jett was interested in the clothes. Not just interested, but intrigued. Not just intrigued, but excited. So excited in fact, that he immediately put on every piece of clothing that I bought him - one right on top of the other.

It was hilarious. He could barely walk at the end because he couldn't get the last pair of paints up over his knees. Charlie, Kai, and I just sat on the floor taking turns pulling out each item of clothing and helping Jett put it on, and laughing and laughing and laughing at Jett, who now looked like the Pilsbury Dough Boy.
Final tally? I bought 6 pairs of pants and 5 shirts for $13. I even found a cocky little shirt from Psycho Baby that looks brand-new. I give it 0 stars for ambiance, but 5 stars for savings.
1 comment:
lmao. that photo of Jett is priceless!
Post a Comment