Yesterday afternoon I dropped Jett of for school about 10 minutes late. That happens sometimes when you don't have your own parking space and walk, with your kids, all the way around the block trying to remember where Charlie said he parked the car.
Jett's class was already outside when we got to the school, so I pulled up next to the lawn where they were playing.
When I opened my car door I heard a kid yell, "There's Jett!" Then another child yelled. Then all of the kids seemed to be echoing each other. "There's Jett!" "Jett's here!" I opened Jett's door and he heard it too. He stood in the car and put on his hat, scarf, mittens, and coat, smiling all the time. By the time he stepped out of the car, his entire class was lined up, standing along the fence, chanting, "Jett! Jett! Jett!"
I told Jett that it sounds like his friends are really happy to see him. He looked at me sheepishly, gave me a half-smile, shrugged his shoulders and replied, "yeah." Then he busted out of the car and ran to his friends.
I wanted to hug the whole world.
No comments:
Post a Comment