1. First up, Charlie's got a job. Hopefully this is the start of better things for us. It wasn't exactly what we were hoping for, in that it is only guaranteed for six months, but it could get extended up to 18 months, so cross your fingers. It's kind of bittersweet in a few ways. First off, the boys miss him. They ask about him all day and Jett in particular talks about missing Charlie when he's at work. On the other hand, they run to him when he walks in the door at the end of the day; they really give him a hero's welcome, which is fantastic. On a practical level, I'm frustrated with what will be our new insurance. It's expensive and none of our doctors accept it so we've had to find new ones. Our state-subsidized insurance is affordable and accepted everywhere we go. But at least soon the pharmacist will stop yelling, "MEDICAID!" every time we pick up a prescription. Seriously, does she have to tell the entire store that we are using MEDICAID!? As if handing over that xeroxed sheet of paper instead of an insurance card isn't embarrassing enough. Ah well, those days will soon be over. Moving on...
2. My new gig. I'm working towards becoming a Local Child Care Coordinator (LCC) for Cultural Care, an au pair agency. I'm honing my grassroots sales skills as I work as an agent for another LCC. And when I say I'm honing my grassroots sales skills, I mean I'm trying to figure out what that means and then do it. That leads me to item number three....
3. Twitter. My work with Cultural Care inspired me to set up a Twitter account. You can see my latest tweets over there on the right side of the screen. My goal is to tweet information that is relevant to parents like me, including information about child care and au pairs. You can witness my technological fumblings at twitter.com/RockRockSilly. Come and follow me and see how I manage. It'll at least be entertaining to see my rookie mistakes.
4. Finally, the Give Away! Coming up this week, I will be giving away a $60 gift certificate to csnstores.com. They found me and offered to send me something to review (and keep) or to sponsor a "give away" (something for one of you to keep). I chose the give away! So stay tuned and keep an eye out for the Give Away post so you can see how to enter the contest.
Also, in case any of you are suspicious like me, I also wondered who they were, how they found me and why they'd want to give up $60 worth of merchandise so easily. So I did a little research. I looked them up on the Better Business Bureau, and the BBB gave them an A+. Then I looked for reviews of their sites online, and found that most of their customers are happy with their experience. Then I read some articles about blogs and giveaways and companies that do giveaways, and I learned enough about it that I wasn't scared of it anymore. Finally I went to their websites, and liked what I saw. They sell a lot of stuff. A lot of brand-name stuff. A lot of good-looking stuff. I still don't know how they found me, but after all of my research, I'm glad they did. A give away! For you! I'm psyched!
Whew, that's a lot of stuff. Now I'll give you what you really came for, Mom. A picture! Sorry the lighting is funny, I took it with my cell. If I hold it just right, I can pretend that the lawn goes on for miles....
Walking anywhere with the boys is an exercise in patience these days because they can't walk two steps without stopping to blow the dandelions. I'm trying to just let go and enjoy the simple pleasure of it, but it is taking forever for us to get to the park these days. We didn't make it more than one block all week! Tonight we had to park our car three blocks from our condo. Normally, tomorrow morning I'd strap them into the stroller and push them to the car, but our stroller has a flat. It's going to take us forever to get anywhere tomorrow. Wish me luck.
Thanks for reading this long post, especially after my long absence! Don't forget to follow me on Twitter and stay tuned this week to learn how to enter the $60 Give Away!

2 comments:
I've bought furniture from CSN stores. They seem to have really great prices. Sort of a warehouse style web-store. It was a good experience.
Good News Amy! glad things are looking up.
Post a Comment