Friday, May 28, 2010

Why the Kitchen is Still a Mess

Last night I was babysitting for a 4 year old girl (did I tell you I got a very part-time babysitting job?). So I was babysitting her and marveling at how well-behaved she is when it dawned on me: Of course she is wellsbehaved. I'm playing with her. I'm not multitasking or putting away laundry or talking on the phone. I'm playing. (Her little brother was already asleep, which helped).

I decided to spend this morning playing with my kids. We played Dragon (where I am the dragon), we blew bubbles, rode bikes, and ran through a sprinkler (the kids, not me). We drank hot chocolate (the kids were freezing from the sprinkler) and ate lunch and now they are napping - asleep. Getting Jett to take a nap meant I had to promise him I would sleep next to him the whole time, but that's fine. Here I am in my bed, laying next to my sleeping child who did not yell, scream, or hit all day. Sleep, little guy, sleep.

No comments: