Monday, November 3, 2008

Main St. Update #2 or How Did I Get So Busy?

Things are looking up, sort of, over here on Main St. For starters, it looks like Charlie could maybe, possibly, perhaps, start bringing home the bacon again before the year is up. He has also been in a unique, but good situation, in that he has been able to go into the office and use his work computer to look for work. This is important because if he tried to use our computer at home, he would have to share his computer time with Jett, who believes that this is where Elmo lives. He would also have to share the computer with me, but I am up to my eyeballs in computer work, and have little time to share the screen. Yes, yes, I'm doing more than just feeding kids around here. You might think that my main use of the computer is to write this blog (except for this past week when I've posted nothing at all!). While that is mainly true, I'm also doing independent contract work for the organization that I left after Kai was born. I'm thrilled to be doing it, but have trouble finding time to do it. So, when I get a few minutes in front of the computer, I have to work instead of blog. Except for right now. Ahem.

I'll be caught up in my work in a couple of days and oh, the posts I will write then! We have pictures to gush over, milestones to admire, and accomplishments to ooh and ahh. I will be a frenzied posting machine.

Until then...it's back to Main Street. If you wondered how we were able to cut our grocery bill in half, don't give us too much credit. The only way we were able to cut our bill in half that first week was because we hadn't tried to before. It's amazing what you can save when you cut out the organic food and the beer. Pity.

And how are the diapers going, you ask? Well, Jett is back to disposables, and honestly, it's a relief. He kept soaking through the cloth ones; they weren't absorbent enough. I'm sure that I could find cloth diapers that worked for him, but I haven't put any effort in to it yet. I feel environmentally irresponsible with every diaper change, but on the bright side, I haven't gagged all week. As far as cost savings go, Jett wears about $1.80 worth of disposable diapers every day, which is safely within our budget.

And that is my mundane post for the week. Soon I'll be posting pictures of the cutest Halloween Frog and Bear you've ever seen. Get your oohs and ahhs ready.

No comments: