Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Most Important First

This afternoon, Jett woke up from his nap, planted a kiss on my face, threw his arms around my neck and said, "I love Momma," so light and breezy, like the feeling was just sitting there on his tongue he didn't even think about it, it just tumbled out, true and fast and free.

And all I could think about was the day he was born.



Tonight as he was handing out his goodnight kisses, we heard "I love Kai" and "I love Dada!" Then he jumped up and ran around the living room in circles shouting, "I love Momma! I love Kai! I love Dada!" That confirmed it!

And all I could think of was this.

And this.



Hours later, I can not think of anything else. He loves me. He loves us. And he said it.

3 comments:

Coleen said...

So sweet!

Anonymous said...

wowee. thanks for sharing that.

Anonymous said...

happy mom tears for you

AKH