Sunday, November 30, 2008

Now that the Christmas season is upon us...

I thought it appropriate to post some pictures from Halloween.

Kai spent the end of trick-or-treating like this.


But perked up again once we started sorting all of the candy.


Jett was his usual cute self, in bear costume.


Halloween was really fun this year. Last year I had our nanny dress Jett in his costume as Charlie and I raced home from work in order to take him out trick-or-treating before it got dark, which we barely managed to do. This year was much more relaxed. We trick-or-treated with a slew of babies on a festive block. These houses were decked out. In fact, some were so scary that I was sure Jett wouldn't even walk by them, let alone walk up to their front door. But he did, and he didn't even bat an eye. I was so proud. Scary soundtracks, dry ice mists, and creepy costumed homeowners handing out candy seemed to be there only for his entertainment. I loved it.

I also loved the homeowners who were handing out beer and wine to the adults. We strolled along, talking to neighbors, exploring with Jett, and pushing Kai in the stroller, with a Red Stripe in the sippy cup holder. A perfectly lovely evening.

For those of you who think you've seen that frog costume before...here is Jett two Halloweens ago.

No comments: