Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Two Years

Happy Birthday, Jett! A whole bunch of days ago you turned two years old!

The fact that this birthday post is a week late has everything to do with the fact that these photos were saved on three different cameras and my hands are almost always too full to carry three different cameras over to the computer to upload the photos. Tonight I finally did it and we can now properly commemorate your passage to Two.

Beautiful, Challenging Two.

Our morning started out with a happy little bubble bath, which quickly turned tragic when I wouldn't let you hold my camera.



Thankfully a little after-bath-naked-sprinting cheered you up. Then on to breakfast, where you once again bucked authority by standing in your chair, even though you know that chairs are for sitting.

But then - then! We got ourselves ready and made it to the Children's Museum in time to drive the ambulance and the bus.



The bus! THE BUS! In fact, we never made it past the bus. We spent half an hour at the bus. Other parents looked at me with pity -- not only was I nursing Kai on the CTA, but I was listening to the same three verses of The Wheels on the Bus over and over again, and my kid was insisting that I do the hand motions too.



Thank goodness you got hungry. We met Daddy for lunch and you had your first cheese quesadilla (and later, your first Dots ice cream snack).



Kai was there all along, quiet as a mouse.



I wanted to take a picture of the two of us together, but you insisted on staying two feet away from me every time the camera came out. That's ok. You were just saving me from yet another bad hair day caught on camera.



Later that evening, we had a party! For you! With cake! A special cake. Specifically, a yellow cake with vanilla frosting in the shape of a truck, which everyone thought was a bus. I don't know why Daddy and Grammy and Aunt Jenny and Uncle Brian thought it was a bus. My gummy-worm trim and sprinkle-windows clearly outlined the features of a truck. No matter. You didn't care what it looked like. You just loved it no matter what.



And we love you. Happy Birthday, Sweet Jett. Now you are two.

No comments: