----------------
Me: Boys, we are not buying you anything at the store today. We are here to buy a birthday present for your friend's party tomorrow and that is the only thing we are going to buy.
Boys: (Glumly) We know.
Me: I am not buying you anything at the store today. We are just here to buy the birthday present and play with the toys while we are here.
Boys: We know that already! Let's go in!
Two seconds later:
Kai: Can you buy this for me? Please? Please? Just this one time? One time, Mom. One time. Just this one. Please. Please. Please, Mom. Please.
----------------
Last week, before I could stop myself, I told Kai that we would just put whatever he is asking for on his birthday list. I assumed that by the time his birthday rolls around he would forget about the item. But he kept asking and I kept talking and suddenly I heard myself telling him that I could take a picture of it with my phone so we would remember it.
As you might imagine, we have amassed a lot of pictures since my first offer to start snapping.




I have had to start limiting the number of pictures I will take of them, they are so eager to have their picture taken with every single cool toy they find. It has started to annoy me, and I really wasn't prepared for their eagerness to have a wish list. I am starting to wish that I had never mentioned it. On the other hand, it's kind of funny in the moment. I mean, did you see those chattering teeth?
1 comment:
Omg-in the second picture, Kai looks like he is doing a Vanna White pose with that game. Hilarious!
Post a Comment