Monday, February 6, 2012

All the colors

This week we are painting the inside of our condo. The living room, hallway, and kitchen, to be exact, although they all blend in together and are kind of the same big room. It took me weeks to pick out the paint colors, and when I finally decided on paint colors I didn't even bother to paint some test squares on the walls, I am that confident in those colors. Also lazy. I am so lazy. Charlie and I together are so lazy that we just spent 15 minutes talking about the merits of just keeping the kitchen the same color it is now, just so we could put a fresh coat of paint over the same color without priming it first.

In the end though, we decided to go with the new color. It's hard to be lazy when my parents are driving 6 hours to help us paint. It's also hard to imagine the four of us getting this all done in three 5 hour days.

I'm nervous about the cutting in. Charlie just looked at the kitchen ceiling and commented on what a crappy job he did cutting it in 8 years ago. Uh-oh. That was me - I did the cutting in last time and I have to do it again this time and painters tape is nothing against me and a paint brush.

This week we'll be painting brown (coconut grove 1029 Benjamin Moore) over red, white (bone white) over brown, and gold (chestertown buff) over amazon blue, heaven help us.

1 comment:

Anne said...

AH, so that's why your mom is here! Good luck!