Thursday, September 24, 2009

Not sure what he is implying...

Today Jett stopped playing, put on his shoes, and walked out to the car with me just like I asked him to do. I took that opportunity to tell him how proud I was of him for doing exactly what I asked him to do. He replied, "Mama, I'm proud of you for being nice to me." Did he mean being nice to him at last? I'm just not sure how I should take that.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I choose to assume this is a developmental stage, as my MJ does the same thing and I think they are about the same age. When ever I say, "honey, can you please..." or "Thank you for doing ..." She responds, "Good job Mommy for saying that like that." I hope it is not that she realizes how hard it is for me to be polite to her most of the time. I never thought I was a rude person before I had children!

Adrienne Noll said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! Greta has done something similar before. The other day, while she was hiding on the couch covering her ears in pseudo-terror, she THANKED me for the vacuuming I was doing. I don't know whether to be offended, like i never do it, or just let it go.... I do vacuum. Semi-regularly.

Neat #1 said...

so he already knows how to play head games. that's a my brothers boy!