Jett's class had played outside that day, and as we walked down the stairs and out of the school, he told us that he put a leaf in his shoe to save it so he could show it to us. He went on and on about saving the leaf in his shoe so he could show us. I don't know how we managed to keep his shoes on as long as we did, except he seemed most excited about having saved the leaf, and less excited about actually retrieving it (from his shoe).
We had plans yesterday afternoon and evening, so we didn't get home until 9:30. As I'm taking Jett's shoes and socks off for bed, a tiny white, paper, punched-out leaf falls out of his shoe and on to the floor. Jett is half-asleep and cranky, but he perks right up and says, "Look, Mama! The leaf I saved for you!" Our little smuggler.
This seems like a minor story to blog about, but he was so excited about having smuggled that leaf. He seemed so proud of being so clever. Or sneaky. Maybe next time he'll come out with an extra snack in his shoe.
2 comments:
Oh my gosh I cannot WAIT to see him next weekend. There is A LOT of stuff here to smuggle into his show!
Oh he LOVES smuggling stuff from your house!
Post a Comment