Last Friday Jett spent the night at Aunt Jenny's. This was his first sleep-over, so a couple of hours before Jenny came over to pick him up, I started hyping it up to him. We discussed how Jenny would change his diaper, put him in pajamas, and read him a story. We talked about how he would sleep in the pack-n-play next to Aunt Jenny's bed, and when he woke up, he would see Aunt Jenny. During our conversations, Jett ran around our condo yelling, "No Mama! No Dada! No Baby! Jett!".
I was thrilled that he was thrilled, but he didn't have to be that excited.
When it was time for him to leave, I bet down for our usual kiss and hug routine. As he was leaning in for a hug he stopped and said, "Oh! Baby!" and ran to Kai in the swing. Very carefully, without moving the swing, he bent down and kissed Kai on the lips. Then he laid his hands on Kai's shoulders and laid his head on Kai's chest.
I had to open the window then to let some of the love out, because I could hardly breathe.
He ran back to me for a quick hug, then hopped on down the stairs, singing, "No Mama, no Dada, no Baby! Jett!"
1 comment:
"I had to open the window then to let some of the love out, because I could hardly breathe."
ah, what a day-maker! reminded me of storypeople.com ... just a little chunk of honesty to make you appreciate the little things.
thanks, amy. what a gift with words you have. hope you are well.
Post a Comment