It's been so long since I posted on the blog that I don't even know where to start. I think I'll play catch up by scrolling through the photos on my phone and picking out my favorite ones.
Here are two of them from the night that we took the boys to see the Jungle Book movie at the Millennium Park Summer Film Series. I wasn't sure if the boys would go for the Jungle Book, since the movies they seem to like the best are more adventurous, more complicated, more sassy, and more modern. But they did love it. They laughed out loud at the right parts, and strained their necks to see around people who stood up or walked in front of us. And when the Bare Necessities song came on and the whole audience started singing....well, that was something else. I had no idea it was so popular among both kids and adults.
At times like this I love living in Chicago. Sitting on the lawn of Millennium Park as the sun set and the skyscrapers lit up, friendly families and adults all around us on a cool summer night. I think it's amazing that my kids might never be in awe of the city like I am, since they are growing up right in it. Will they ever marvel at simple scenes like this? Will they be astounded by the beauty of the skyscrapers at night with the setting sun behind them?
Maybe not. Frankly, poetic ruminating aside, I'm just happy that I got the kids downtown at least once this summer.
We took the train there and two buses home. It was a late night. Both boys fell asleep on the first bus and they continued to sleep while we sat on a bench and waited for the next bus. It wasn't easy carrying a sleeping Kai while we walked that last block home, but Jett was a trooper and made it easy on us by walking. I think it was 11:00 before we all tumbled in to bed. It was a great, late night.
Here are two of them from the night that we took the boys to see the Jungle Book movie at the Millennium Park Summer Film Series. I wasn't sure if the boys would go for the Jungle Book, since the movies they seem to like the best are more adventurous, more complicated, more sassy, and more modern. But they did love it. They laughed out loud at the right parts, and strained their necks to see around people who stood up or walked in front of us. And when the Bare Necessities song came on and the whole audience started singing....well, that was something else. I had no idea it was so popular among both kids and adults.
At times like this I love living in Chicago. Sitting on the lawn of Millennium Park as the sun set and the skyscrapers lit up, friendly families and adults all around us on a cool summer night. I think it's amazing that my kids might never be in awe of the city like I am, since they are growing up right in it. Will they ever marvel at simple scenes like this? Will they be astounded by the beauty of the skyscrapers at night with the setting sun behind them?
Maybe not. Frankly, poetic ruminating aside, I'm just happy that I got the kids downtown at least once this summer.
We took the train there and two buses home. It was a late night. Both boys fell asleep on the first bus and they continued to sleep while we sat on a bench and waited for the next bus. It wasn't easy carrying a sleeping Kai while we walked that last block home, but Jett was a trooper and made it easy on us by walking. I think it was 11:00 before we all tumbled in to bed. It was a great, late night.
No comments:
Post a Comment