I am sitting in the chair in my bedroom working and Kai has walked out of his room for the second time after Charlie put him to bed tonight. He pokes his head in my doorway and says, "Just one more kiss."
Picture him in his pajama shirt, white and covered with the navy silhouettes of animals. He is not wearing his pajama shorts.
He walks to me and puts his hands on either side of my face and turns my face to him. He kisses my lips quickly and then turns my head to kiss my cheek.
I am smiling now but he pulls away and says, "Not this (smiles). This (does not smile)." I understand that he prefers squishy cheeks, and when I smile my cheeks are not as squishy. I try very hard not to smile. He kisses my cheek again and pulls his face away. Now he pats my cheeks with the palms of his hands. He turns to walk away, looks back at me and nods then walks back out to the living room where Charlie is waiting for him.
The whole interaction takes no more than a minute, and he is serious and matter of fact. It is so sweet and I want to capture the moment. I immediately followed him out to the living room and snapped a picture of him but it didn't turn out so I found this one instead, from four years ago. He hasn't changed a bit.
Picture him in his pajama shirt, white and covered with the navy silhouettes of animals. He is not wearing his pajama shorts.
He walks to me and puts his hands on either side of my face and turns my face to him. He kisses my lips quickly and then turns my head to kiss my cheek.
I am smiling now but he pulls away and says, "Not this (smiles). This (does not smile)." I understand that he prefers squishy cheeks, and when I smile my cheeks are not as squishy. I try very hard not to smile. He kisses my cheek again and pulls his face away. Now he pats my cheeks with the palms of his hands. He turns to walk away, looks back at me and nods then walks back out to the living room where Charlie is waiting for him.
The whole interaction takes no more than a minute, and he is serious and matter of fact. It is so sweet and I want to capture the moment. I immediately followed him out to the living room and snapped a picture of him but it didn't turn out so I found this one instead, from four years ago. He hasn't changed a bit.

1 comment:
So sweet. I'm sure you'll remember that forever....
Post a Comment