Monday, August 13, 2012

First day of school

First grade and second year of preK.



They were both excited, but one's excitement was more visible. The other one would have been happy walking in to school by himself. Instead Charlie walked with him to his classroom. Charlie could have stayed for the first 15 minutes, but Jett sent him out after 5. Oh how I miss those first few days of preK when he couldn't stand to leave me!

Kai is going to Jett's school now and it felt like such a luxury to drive to just one school this morning and not race from one to the other. The other bonus is that in this school the preschoolers don't have to wear the navy/white color scheme. 

Like I mentioned up top, Charlie walked Jett in to his classroom, so I wasn't there to see how it went down in first grade. Jett said it was great. I'm hoping to pry more good news out of him tomorrow.

I did walk Kai into his class, and stayed for the first day, which was shorter than usual. Kai greeted his teacher by running head first into his teacher's thighs. Then Kai asked him if he liked the Packers. "Well........," Mr. G said. "I appreciate them for what they are." Kai followed that up with a request for hula-hoops. Later when his teacher tried to give him a high-5, Kai pretended to spit in his hand. And when his teacher asked him to smile for a picture, Kai stuck out his tongue. Kai's class was only half an hour long today, but Kai treated it like an audition for the circus. Good luck, Mr G!













1 comment:

Heather said...

They both look so cute and I can just HEAR Kai asking Mr. G about the Packers! How funny! I would love to hear more about Jett's day..maybe I'll give him a call tonight? Glad the first week back is going well. xoxox