We were on vacation a couple of weeks ago. See?
Like every vacation should, ours takes place down the road from an outlet mall. I always hit up Old Navy for t-shirts and jeans for the boys. This year I bought jeans for Jett but they didn't fit. So later on in the week I talked Jett in to having "special time with Mom." In other words, he headed back to the outlet mall with me to return the jeans and try on a different size.
Everything was going well. Our first stop was the vending machine for flavored water. Then we walked to the bouncy-ball machine and I let him put four quarters and and take a ball out. He read the map and figured out how to get to the store we needed. We paid $6 to ride the kiddie train. I gave him gum to chew, which I never do. He tried on the jeans and hammed it up in the mirror and he seemed to be having a good time.
As we were leaving the mall he said to me, "Remember we were going to have special "Mom and Jett" time today?" Um, yeah. We're having it right now. "Oh," he said. "I wish Kai was here."
Like every vacation should, ours takes place down the road from an outlet mall. I always hit up Old Navy for t-shirts and jeans for the boys. This year I bought jeans for Jett but they didn't fit. So later on in the week I talked Jett in to having "special time with Mom." In other words, he headed back to the outlet mall with me to return the jeans and try on a different size.
Everything was going well. Our first stop was the vending machine for flavored water. Then we walked to the bouncy-ball machine and I let him put four quarters and and take a ball out. He read the map and figured out how to get to the store we needed. We paid $6 to ride the kiddie train. I gave him gum to chew, which I never do. He tried on the jeans and hammed it up in the mirror and he seemed to be having a good time.
As we were leaving the mall he said to me, "Remember we were going to have special "Mom and Jett" time today?" Um, yeah. We're having it right now. "Oh," he said. "I wish Kai was here."

No comments:
Post a Comment