Sunday, February 27, 2011

Flying

If he would have jumped just a little higher, our ceiling fan would be clean right now.




Tio Dave did this, by the way. It's like he's never had downstairs neighbors before.

Just kidding, Uncle Dave!

This weekend Charlie's brother Dave came to visit (along with my soon-to-be-sister-in-law!). Dave slept in Kai's bed (the bottom bunk) and I set up the boys to sleep side-by-side on our bedroom floor. Wow those boys look cute sleeping next to each other, but boy was it hard to get them settled down to sleep!

They couldn't stop jumping off of my bed. They did it with me before Tio Dave got here, and they did it with him when I wasn't home. They couldn't stop flying through the air.

When we put up the bunkbeds I bought each boy a new comforter. Jett picked out Spiderman and Kai picked out Toy Story. What I hadn't realized was that bunkbeds, having no box spring, aren't really big enough for a regular twin-sized bedspread. There is no place for the extra fabric to hang down off the sides, so the bedspread is crazy-messy on their mattresses, the extra material all bunched up. It was crazy-messy that is, until I started folding the comforters in half. Now each comforter fits perfectly on each bed, but the boys can only see half the picture on each one.

So when I spread out Jett's spiderman blanket on my bedroom floor, he saw that giant Spidey target, and morphed in to Spidey himself, leaping from my bed, over the bench, and landing in Spiderman stance. It was fun and noisy, and I'm thankful that my neighbors never complained!


P.S. I've also been busy over here.

No comments: