Sunday, November 14, 2010

Halloween....

was fun! Was it really so many weeks ago?

Our first party was at Jett's preschool, where there were two Spidermans (including Jett) and two Buzz Lightyears (including Kai). Kai tagged along with me (and I tagged along with Jett) to preschool for the party. Kai loved it, and I tried to not create more work for all of the parents who were actually helping. Funny that I thought I would be able to help with the party. I should have known that I would spend my whole time trying to keep Kai from running with scissors.






Our second party was at our friends' house, where there were again two Spidermans and two Buzz Lightyears. Here is the web that kept trapping all of the Superheroes. Also, my parents were in town and they dressed up for the party (as a pirate and as an m&m). Aren't they good sports? Also, a funny bit of trivia, I also later discovered that the monk I had talked to at the party was actually the drummer from Wilco.







Finally, on Halloween night we headed up to Evanston to trick-or-treat with the cousins. It was a little chilly, so I suited Kai up in the cozy bear costume. The cousins got a lot of loot. In fact, halfway through the night Kai decided he'd rather do it the easy way - stay on the stroller and start noshing. It was a delicious night.






One tip I hope I remember next year: dress the boys in a costume that is less exciting, less heroic, less likely to inspire leaping and fighting. Jett didn't just put on a costume, he put on a persona. Invisible webs flew all over our condo. Spidey lept from tall buildings as high as the back of our couch. He dared Buzz Lightyear to cross his path, and then made it impossible for Buzz not to. To be blunt, Spidey and Buzz were out of control. Next year they are going as butterflies.

1 comment:

otter said...

I need you to push the pause button on your boys' growth. They are growing up too fast and I can barely stand it. Of course, they manage to keep getting cuter, superhero personas and all, so I guess it's okay. Thankfully you catch excellent moments in time.