Thursday, July 8, 2010

Independence Day Recap

This was the kids' first fireworks show. They loved it.


We spent the evening with friends in Oak Park. Our kids aren't together that often, and their kids are a few years older than Jett, but Jett loves those boys when he's with them. We walked to the fireworks separately, and on our way Jett decided that he would share his snacks with them. This is a significant sign of friendship for a four-year-old, at least for our four-year-old. Then he made sure to sit next to them on the blanket - and share his snacks, which meant dividing up his little bag of fruit snacks three ways (such sacrifice)! Midway through the fireworks display he exclaimed to me, "This is so much fun sitting here with my friends watching the fireworks!" I hope I always remember that line, and how he said it. He was completely thrilled.




Kai had a great time too. He spent the first half of the fireworks display cuddled up next to our friends, who he really has barely met. I guess he knows good people when he sees them. I could barely take my eyes off of him to watch the fireworks, because he was so animated. He raised his arms in the air and screamed and sighed, with the rest of the crowd, in delight. He spent the second half of the show alternating between my lap and Charlie's, and laughing his cute head off with every firework explosion. Also, hand that kid a glow stick and he will show you how to boogie, no music required. It was a great night. I hope you had a good night too.




No comments: