Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween!

We had so much fun on Halloween.

Actually, first things first.
First, my parents drove down the weekend before Halloween just for one night to babysit the boys so Charlie and I could go to our friends' wedding. That's twelve hours of driving for 24 hours of family time. And on top of that, they brought costumes and came with us to our friends' Halloween party. There were 14 kids at that party, and my mom spent a good portion of it up in our three-year-old friend Jackson's bedroom playing trains with the kids. Thanks, Mom and Dad! Now to really thank you, I'll post a picture of you in your costumes on my blog - great!



Then the Friday before Halloween was Jett's preschool's Halloween party. Oh it was the cutest thing! I helped out in the class that day, and it was a blast. Jett didn't cling to me, as I feared, but followed the routine of the class and listened to the teacher, and sang and danced, all the time with a proud little grin on his face, that I think meant that he knew he was doing great, and I was there to see it.



As a side note, if it is ever up to you to plan a Halloween game for a preschool class, don't pick Hot Pumpkin (Potato). First of all, the kids will spend half of the time debating whether or not the pumpkin is really hot and whether or not they should touch it. Then only about 2 or 3 of them will get the idea that the music has anything to do with the game, and that they want to be holding the pumpkin when the music stops. Then, when you realize that no one is having any fun with Hot Pumpkin and you change the game to musical chairs, don't be surprised if the kids are too polite to take the next chair. (Seriously, my great idea for Hot Pumpkin was a total flop. At least Jett is too young to be embarrassed by my bad ideas)!

Finally, we went trick-or-treating, and I can really sum up the night by saying that this was Jett's year for trick-or-treating. He was on top of it. Running from house to house, telling me not to come up on to the porches with him, yelling trick-or-treat, ringing the doorbells, saying thank you, oohing and ahing over every piece of candy. He loved it. He loved trick-or-treating with his cousin, Ellie. And Kai had fun too, walking up to the houses just like the big kids.

Jett and Ellie


Kai and Aunt Jenny

I hope you had a great weekend too!

No comments: