Friday, July 10, 2009

Back on Main Street

When Charlie got a job 4 weeks ago I had the nerve to complain, just once, that if he was going to be unemployed for 8 months, it would have been nice if some of those months had been summer months, so we could go to the pool together and teach Jett to swim, so we could take family bike trips and go to the beach. I just thought that if he was going to get laid off, the summer would be the best time for it to happen. But, you know, that wasn't really a request.

Well lucky us, we are going to have the summer of our lives. Yep, Charlie is once again looking for a job.

On a brighter note, Kai learned a new sign this week. Now he signs "water" whenever he wants some. He's so smart! Rambunctious Jett has been out of diapers and wearing underwear for two weeks now. I am THRILLED! Also, we finally fed Jett some peanut butter and discovered that he is NOT allergic to peanuts - bring on the PB&Js. In these ways, summer just got a whole lot easier. We'll see you at the beach.

2 comments:

stacey said...

I'm so sorry to hear the job news, but also completely understand the opportunity of the beach. My brother and his wife have a 2 1/2 yr old and a 10 month old, and he was unemployed for about five months this past winter; he's employed now, but his situation can be tenuous. I'm thinking bout you guys and you'll be on the prayer board at work.

So happy to hear about Kai learning signs! My sister does that with her kids, and her 4 year old is quite brilliant, in her auntie's opinion. I credit the signing. ;<)

Rebecca said...

Sorry to hear about the work situation... what kind of work does Charlie do?

When you say, "See you at the beach," any chance that means you all could venture out to the East Coast for the REAL beach??? Any excuse is a good one! We'd love to see ya'll :)