Charlie got a job.
A job! A job he is excited about. A job he is going to excel at, in a company that is lucky to have him if I do say so myself. A job in Chicago, a job with a challenge, a job higher up in the hierarchy, a job in a brand-new industry. The sun is brighter, the sky is bluer, my step is skippier, my hair is prettier, and my kids are better behaved. In fact, I don't even think this is Main Street anymore. I think we wandered over to Candy Land, and all of the weight that was on my shoulders has been replaced with a big (but weightless) chocolate bunny, and that chocolate bunny is handing me his ears, telling me to go ahead and take a bite. Yum!
Charlie starts work in about a week. We are thankful and thrilled, and can't help reflecting on how generous our friends and family have been these last eight months. We can't wait to take you out to dinner, to pick up the bar tab, to buy you a coffee, and show up on your doorstop bearing big boxes of diapers. You all have been the best, and we wouldn't have made it through without you. (Trust me, we did the math).
Aw, we just love you guys. Honestly, we love everything today. But mostly we love you.
6 comments:
Cograts to Charlie. It's nice to read how happy and grateful you are.
Amy, that's wonderful! Congratulations (and we all love you too!)
Congratulations!
-Jeannie
so happy for you guys! great job, charlie! they are so lucky to have you!!
YEA!!!! How wonderful! I'm so happy for you guys. I can't wait to hear about the job. Miss you!
Just now catching up here... Yay, enjoy that chocolate!!! :)
AKH
Post a Comment