She lives in my neighborhood and our kids are the same age and we're the same age and she likes my kids. She likes them so much she let them spend the night. Their first slumber party!
She hosted my babes' first sleep over and in the morning she brushed Jett's hair and didn't tell me how Jett just stood still for her and let her brush it. She hosted my babies' first sleep over and she only let them watch one tv show and she didn't brag about not needing to turn on the tv to keep the two-year-olds from fighting. She let my kids spend the night, and when I came over at 11pm to pick up Kai (who wasn't sleeping through the night that week) she opened the bedroom door to show me how cute Jett looked in his sleep.
I have a friend in my neighborhood with kids. She's still breastfeeding her nine-month old and she's not afraid to take her two kids on the bus and she knows her way around the zoo and her son likes to share and she brings the best snacks to play group and those snacks are not always healthy and she knows all the other parents and nannies and she has totally figured out the public school system and all I have to do now is not smother her with my excitement over the fact that I have a friend and that friend is her.
2 comments:
You are very lucky. I have friends like that, but they are 748 miles away from me! Glad to hear about other people still lactally attached to their babies. Mine is 91/2 months old and while people think I'm crazy pumping at work (and doctors were amazed that I actually bought a seperate freezer to store my pumped milk) breastfeeding is the most insanely greatest thing I've ever done, and I would honestly say I would be a wet nurse if that was socially acceptable.
Adrienne
Wow. I'm jealous.
Post a Comment