Kindergarten and Second Grade.
The Kindergartener said he was "medium" excited for school. The 2nd grader said he was excited for school, even though sometimes in school he wishes it was summer, and sometimes in the summer he wishes he had school. Although I get what the 2nd grader was saying, I don't get it at that age. When I was in elementary school I couldn't WAIT for school to start each fall. I counted down the days and couldn't sleep for the excitement. I had my clothes planned days ahead of time. I was very excited about the clothes.
That might be what my boys are missing. I am sure not excited about the clothes, and neither are they. Their public school has a uniform. The kids can wear navy or white on top and must wear navy on the bottom. No logos, no writing, no stripes, no nothing except solid white or navy.
When Jett started school two years ago I thought the white shirt/navy shorts look was kind of charming. At least it looked classic and clean. But I soon realized the problem with white on top, which is that white gets dingy fast. Especially when your child chews on his collar and uses it as a tissue and a napkin. What is it with kids? As Kai would say, "it's nasty."
Needless to say, we're going all navy this year. Hopefully they can look this fresh every day!
The Kindergartener said he was "medium" excited for school. The 2nd grader said he was excited for school, even though sometimes in school he wishes it was summer, and sometimes in the summer he wishes he had school. Although I get what the 2nd grader was saying, I don't get it at that age. When I was in elementary school I couldn't WAIT for school to start each fall. I counted down the days and couldn't sleep for the excitement. I had my clothes planned days ahead of time. I was very excited about the clothes.
That might be what my boys are missing. I am sure not excited about the clothes, and neither are they. Their public school has a uniform. The kids can wear navy or white on top and must wear navy on the bottom. No logos, no writing, no stripes, no nothing except solid white or navy.
When Jett started school two years ago I thought the white shirt/navy shorts look was kind of charming. At least it looked classic and clean. But I soon realized the problem with white on top, which is that white gets dingy fast. Especially when your child chews on his collar and uses it as a tissue and a napkin. What is it with kids? As Kai would say, "it's nasty."
Needless to say, we're going all navy this year. Hopefully they can look this fresh every day!
No comments:
Post a Comment