They've started playing together and it's awfully cute. Their favorite game is "racing" also known as "cars". They both stand at the starting line, which is the computer armoire in our living room. At my signal they run through the living room and into their bedroom, then out of their bedroom, through the living room again, and all the way to my bedroom door. It takes Jett 20 steps to get from the crib to my bedroom door. I know this because I've counted his steps, as I'm sure our downstairs neighbor has done too. They can run this loop for nearly 15 minutes without stopping, many times a day. I love it because although it's loud, it keeps the peace.
As a fan, the best part is the beginning. Without fail, Kai will run the first lap in his stocking feet. Then he'll sit down in the middle of the race and yell "sock! sock!" (Bare feet grip wood floors better than sock feet). Jett will run over and yank Kai's socks off. Poor Kai used to sit up and fall back on his head from the force of the motion, but now they've mastered the technique of the sock pull. As soon as Jett runs toward him, Kai rolls over on his belly, feet toward Jett, and Jett pulls off the socks. Jett says it's his job.

It's the Indianapolis 500 and the Johnson boys have choreographed their own pit-stop.

On your mark, get set, GO!
1 comment:
That post has raced its way into Neat#1's personal favorite list.
Post a Comment