"Oh, look, Mama!" "Another one!" "There's a good one!" "Put it in my Pock-et."
Wow, he is a cute little collector.
We walked and walked and talked and talked and got down on our hands and knees (well, he did, I spent my time squatting and trying to keep my pants clean). We stuffed his pockets with bits of dirt and nature and than ran home to show Daddy and spread everything out on a plate so we could see it better.
It was such an awesome time-killer, I mean activity. He spread everything out on the plate, and then lined all of the items out on the counter. He made big circles with the rocks and acorn shells and they looked pretty cool. Then he dropped each item into a glass jar, one at a time, and noticed how each one sounded a little different when it landed in the jar. Charlie was busy in the kitchen and I was on the phone, but I felt like we had our own little preschool going on. What a wholesome activity, I thought, as I patted myself on the back.
Five minutes later he had dumped the glass jar out on the couch and was cleaning the dirt off of each stone - with his tongue. There he goes again, just keeping me humble.
No comments:
Post a Comment